Thursday 22 August 2013

Lunch amongst the orchards

I'm thinking I may have to change the name of my blog. 

I have no intention of returning to London next week, i'm going to become a hippy braid my hair and live here in Ibiza forever. 

Just need to figure out a way to make this happen...

After a few days enjoying the beauty of this island, I thought I should share a little bit of it with all you lovely people. 

Aren't I nice?

Today we ventured out to a little village called San Lorenzo which is in the centre of the island a short drive away. In this village you will find the beautiful restaurant that is La Paloma, hidden in a midst of citrus orchards. 




La Paloma is a family run restaurant which aims to use only local and organic food, and when it can't it sources its food from small farms producing good quality produce. 



Sounds delicious right? Wait till you check out what we feasted on.


To start we all shared their mixed salad which contain every type of salad leaf you could possibly imagine, plus more. We then all went for Foccacia stuffed with Spiced Lamb and Tahine Sauce. Which was incredible but very filling. 



While we waited we enjoyed these pineapple and mint smoothies which were just as delicious as they look.


Before our food was served, this got placed on our table.


It's a pile of burning coffee, which is apparently meant to ward off wasps, who apparently love the smell of lamb. (I mean who wouldn't, you've witnessed how delicious it looked). And thank god they did place this on the table because we were dive bombed with wasps pretty much as soon as the food hit the table. 

For dessert, instead of treating ourselves to one of their chocolate brownies or cakes we settled for a cappuccino to kickstart the incredibly challenging afternoon we faced at the spa.
 It's a tough life. 





15 comments:

  1. Very nice post! That looks like heaven.. I know I wouldn't leave if I were you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can see Finn's reflection in the blue bottle. Hope you two are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you see that? #BOSS lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was just looking for it because that's the only reason I know about this blog in the first place. Emma is a really good writer though, and the restaurants all look so good!

      Delete
  4. You have such a wonderful blog with lovely pictures. I hope you get the happiness (and privacy!) you deserve. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous. You are in paradise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Personally I've never been to Ibiza but after reading this post I definitely start to save up to a trip. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be tasting that delicious looking Foccacia. Thank you for sharing this with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never been to Ibiza before, but after this post I really want to go. It looks beautiful :) It would be really interesting if you could write a post about being a student in London, what you are studying and about King's College. I'm considering studying in England, and it would be nice if you could write about it.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Ibiza before but after your post I am definitely going. Thank you for sharing such great information.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty photos!

    xx

    http://analeote.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete